Basic WordPress Website Package
WordPress is a very powerful CMS/blogging tool, which makes it the ideal way to implement your website if you want to update your website yourself, or you want to blog on your website. The downsides of WordPress are that websites implemented in WordPress are slower to load and not as flexible as custom websites.
What is included in our Basic WordPress Website Package
- help choosing domain name
- help creating your website hosting account at Hostmonster
- help choosing a style or theme for your website
- WordPress installation
- theme installation
- create up to 5 email addresses for your website
- minimal customization of the theme
- plugin installation (backup, SEO, Google Analytics)
- up to 10 pages of text and pictures
- 2 hours of training to manage your website
We expect to spend about 15 hours creating your website. If you want to add more pages or plugins or require more theme customization we will charge you $70/hour for the time required to implement the extra pages, plugins or customization.
Basic WordPress Website Development Process
- We meet to discuss your website.
- You decide that you want a basic WordPress based website.
- You choose a domain name with our help.
- You create a website hosting account at Hostmonster with our help.
- You choose and purchase a WordPress theme with our help.
- We install WordPress software.
- We install WordPress theme.
- We create email accounts for your website.
- We install WordPress plugins.
- You provide us with the text and pictures for each page.
- We implement the pages of your website.
- You look over the website and tell us if you want anything changed.
- We make your changes.
- You approve the website.
- We meet again so we can show you how to manage your website.
- You pay us for the website.
1. We meet to discuss your website
We usually meet for a couple hours to find out what you want your website to do. Together we decide if you need a custom website or a WordPress based website. We also discuss what pages you need and the text and pictures that will be included on each page.
2. You decide that you want a basic WordPress based website
You will probably want a WordPress based website if you want to make changes to your website yourself or you want to blog. If you are very particular about the way your website looks, or you want it to load as fast as possible, or you don't want to be bothered with maintaining your website, then you probably want a custom designed website, which we often create for our customers.
3. You choose a domain name with our help.
Your domain name is very important to your website. You want a domain name that includes keywords important to your customers and you want a domain name that is easy for them to remember. Many of the easy to remember, keyword rich domain names have already been taken, but we will help you find a domain name that is still available and will work for you.
4. You create a website hosting account at Hostmonster with our help.
Hostmonster is an excellent website hosting company. They are located in Utah so they are easy to contact and talk to when we have questions or problems. They are large enough that they have tech support available 24/7 and they are reliable. Their rates are reasonable too. We can host your website at almost any website hosting company, but we require our Basic WordPress Website customers to host their websites at Hostmonster because we have worked with them for a long time and know how to use their tools to efficiently setup your WordPress website. They also credit our account whenever a new customer creates a website hosting account with our help, and this helps us keep your costs to a minimum.
5. You choose and purchase a WordPress theme with our help.
When you choose a them for your website it will determine how your website looks. There are thousands of themes available for free and many more available for a small fee, typically $30-$100. The default WordPress theme this year is "TwentyEleven". This is a free and powerful theme that we can customize to use your colors, logo, images and content. If you want a different look you can buy a theme from one of the many theme selling companies. The website WPHub.com provides a way to search through many themes based on what is important to you. Most of the themes will show a sample of what the finished website will look like. Be sure to pick a theme that you like and that has been rated highly by many customers.
6. We install WordPress software.
Hostmonster makes it easy for us to install the WordPress software, it only takes a few minutes and your blank website will be online.
7. We install WordPress theme.
Some themes are easy to install and we can have them running in 15 minutes, others are more complicated or not well documented and can take hours to install.
8. We create email accounts for your website.
Hostmonster makes it easy for us to create email accounts for your website. We will create up to 5 email addresses for you. Your Hostmonster account allows you to create an unlimited number of email addresses, and we will show you how to create them.
9. We install WordPress plugins.
WordPress plugins are small programs that add additional functionality to your website. We will install 3 plugins for you. We will install a backup plugin which allows you to backup your website anytime you wish. You should back it up every time you make changes to your website that you wouldn't want to lose. We will install an SEO plugin. This plugin doesn't help your search engine rank, but it tells you what you have to do to your pages and posts to improve your search engine ranking. It asks you to choose a keyword phrase for each page or post and then it checks to see if you are including it in important places on that page or post. We will install a Google Analytics plugin that will link to your Google Analytics account. You can use this account to find out how many people are looking at your website, what pages they are looking at, where they are from, and how they found your website.
10. You provide us with the text and pictures for each page.
We will create up to 10 pages to start your website. You will need to give us the text and pictures for each of these pages.
11. We implement the pages of your website.
We will create up to 10 pages after you give us the text and pictures for each page. If you want more pages in your website, you can create them or you can pay us $70/hour to create them for you.
12. You look over website and tell us if you want anything changed.
We will tell you when we have made changes to your website. We want you to review the website and tell us if this is what you want or if we need to make additional changes.
13-14. We make your changes and you review them.
We will make your changes and ask you to review the changed website and tell us if we need to make additional changes. We repeat the change and review steps until you finally approve the website.
15. We meet again so we can show you how to manage your website.
We meet again for up to 2 hours so we can show you how to manage your website. This includes adding new pages, new posts for your blog, and making backups.
16. You pay us for the website.
When we are finished with your website and training we will send you a bill and you will send us a check to pay for your website.
You will pay Fort Collins Web Works LLC $1000 when your website is online and you approve it. You will also directly pay Hostmonster for your website hosting account when you sign up, and you will be charged by Hostmonster again when your website hosting account expires. You will also pay the WordPress template company for your template if you choose a template that is not free.
In most cases we will complete your website within 2 weeks of receiving all the information required to create your website. Some templates are complicated or not documented well and can delay your project while we figure out how to use them.
*These are only cost estimates. Your actual costs will be specified in your proposal.